The Poetic Soul Of ÅnØmålî™...

Just A Few Excerpts From My Life... Here You Will Find My Poetry (Jumbled Thoughts Usually Written In The Heart Of Volatile Emotion I Had No Other Way To Express), A Collab Or Two, Some Of My Favorite Poems/Poets, Original And/Or Favorite Quotes...A Few Blogs/Brief Essays: Free-Style, Words That Move Me; Strike A Chord In Me, And That I Believe Could Or Should Strike Something In Others... Take Me In Slowly...I Swim The Depths Of The Soul...And I Am At Home There... ~A

My Photo
Name:
Location: Catch Me If You Can..., , United States


...Songstress.Writer.Freedom Fighter.Muse.Rebel.Actress.Prophet.Poet.Musician.Genre Bender.GOD Lover.Dichotomy.Trailblazer.World Changer. Blah, Blah, Blah...

"Art Is The Reason I Get Up In The Morning..."

By The Very Definition Of My Name, I Am Without Rules, Boundaries, Or The Confines Of This World...

"In This World, But Not Of This World"...

Simply Stated: I DON'T DO BOXES!

My Music; My Writing; Is My Soul Poured Onto Canvas. I Am Utterly Naked And Without Pretense Or Shame. To Understand It; To Truly Connect With My Words Is To Know Some Genuine Piece Of Me…Infinitely.

~ÅnØmålî~

Friday, September 04, 2009

Love Is A Battlefield...


As you take in the magnitude of the words to the song that is now playing on this page, please contemplate the following...

My Question:

Why is it that the right ONE always comes along after someone(s) else has crossed our paths and damaged us so much that we can barely recognize ourselves...and had that right ONE shown up just one relationship, one year, one lifetime prior, we would have been so ready and open; willing and able; prepared and waiting...just for them?

If anyone has an answer, an idea, or even a loosely related thought, please feel free to write a novel here...


~A



LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD
(Now Playing)

(Verse I)
You're begging me to go
And you make me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way?
Or am I the best thing you've had?
Believe me, believe me,
I can't tell you why
But I'm trapped by your love
And I'm chained to your side

(Chorus)
We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield

We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searchin' our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

(Verse II)
We're losing control
Will you turn me away
Or touch me deep inside?
And before this gets old
Will it still feel the same?
There's no way this will die
But if we get much closer
We could lose control
And when your heart surrenders
You'll need me to hold

(Chorus)
We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield

We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searchin' our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield...

Love is a battlefield...

Love is a battlefield...


Written by: M. Chapman/H. Knight


These are the words in my heart...let's hope and pray this is one battle I will eventually and eternally win...because Lord knows I have had enough 'Love TKO's' for several lifetimes...and my heart is raw with joy and pain, devastation and the agony of hope...


~A


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home