The Poetic Soul Of ÅnØmålî™...

Just A Few Excerpts From My Life... Here You Will Find My Poetry (Jumbled Thoughts Usually Written In The Heart Of Volatile Emotion I Had No Other Way To Express), A Collab Or Two, Some Of My Favorite Poems/Poets, Original And/Or Favorite Quotes...A Few Blogs/Brief Essays: Free-Style, Words That Move Me; Strike A Chord In Me, And That I Believe Could Or Should Strike Something In Others... Take Me In Slowly...I Swim The Depths Of The Soul...And I Am At Home There... ~A

My Photo
Name:
Location: Catch Me If You Can..., , United States


...Songstress.Writer.Freedom Fighter.Muse.Rebel.Actress.Prophet.Poet.Musician.Genre Bender.GOD Lover.Dichotomy.Trailblazer.World Changer. Blah, Blah, Blah...

"Art Is The Reason I Get Up In The Morning..."

By The Very Definition Of My Name, I Am Without Rules, Boundaries, Or The Confines Of This World...

"In This World, But Not Of This World"...

Simply Stated: I DON'T DO BOXES!

My Music; My Writing; Is My Soul Poured Onto Canvas. I Am Utterly Naked And Without Pretense Or Shame. To Understand It; To Truly Connect With My Words Is To Know Some Genuine Piece Of Me…Infinitely.

~ÅnØmålî~

Sunday, February 17, 2002

If GOD Turned Your Dreams Into Your Destiny...



What would you do? Who would you be?


I am in this strange space of constant and uncomfortable personal and spiritual growth... Nothing is what it seems, and nothing is going quite the way I planned. I am changing and evolving in unexpected ways, the world around me is in a constant state of flux, and there are new lessons every day regarding the pursuit of destiny, purpose and truth...

Since I've been in this space, there have been a few songs that have been ministering to me profoundly (which is, of course, because music is my LIFE, and at present, also my MATE!!! - lol)...

One of these songs is a song that my Praise & Worship team in church sings often...and yesterday it really seeped into my spirit and blessed the mess out of me (I had an epiphany of sorts). It is a very simple song with a very simple message... So, I decided to pass it on to you. I pray that you listen to it, commit it to memory, and then apply it to EVERY area of your life...

The words are as follows:

NO LIMITS

No limits
No boundaries
I see increase
All around me
Stretch forth
Break forth
I see increase
Enlarge my territory

Take the limits off
Take the limits off
Release me
Release me

Say what you heard
So you can see what you say

Enlarge my territory

- Israel & New Breed -


This song includes elements of the prayer of Jabez, which is something I believe that everyone should read and commit to memory, and a prayer I intend to resume revisiting daily (I have really not been on point with my prayer life lately - but that changed YESTERDAY!)... It also incorporates some basic principles...one being that "life and death is in the power of the tongue" - thus, this song is confessional..."speaking those things that be not as though they were"... Everyone is on this new age kick about thinking and speaking positivity...but that is NOT new...the Bible has taught that for millennia...

This song also incorporates one of the keys to success in all things in life...FAITH! Believing that you can give God the reigns over your life and He will NOT let you down... He can do anything but fail...even when it seems as if nothing is going your way...

If I can leave only one impression on you (and myself) today...it is that where there is life, there is HOPE! It is never too late to begin again, to strive towards a goal, to pursue your dreams, to pick yourself up from a fall, to gain a new perspective, to get to know GOD, and to turn all of this over to Him and allow Him access to every area of your life so He can take the limits off of your mind and life, and you can take the limits off of the ways He can bless you (get out of His way!). In the words of one of my favorite songs: "I dare you to move like today never happened before!"

Sometimes what seems like a disaster is preparation for a blessing and is simply God getting us out of our comfort zone!

My Bible tells me that "He will do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or think"... Oprah lives and summarizes this philosophy best:

"GOD DREAMS THE BIGGER DREAM!"

I love you ALL!

Be Infinitely Blessed!


~A

PS: I am dedicating this blog to Eros (among others)...you know why *smile*. Be encouraged... ~A



I Wrote A Song A Year Or So Ago During A Time Of Introspection (The Mirror Can Be Your Best Friend and Worst Enemy: EVERYONE Should Spend Time Allowing God To Deal w/ Them In One). I believe I will spend the rest of my life seeking the answers to the questions this song poses? I think that many of these questions apply to ALL people, so maybe you should ask them of yourselves as well...


WHEN YOUR DREAMS BECOME TRUTH
(Introspection)

What do you get when you add it all up?
And what will you do when enough is enough?
And what holds you back when you've nothing to lose?
And where will you hide when your dreams become truth?

If God left it up to you who would you be?
Would you turn your dreams into your destiny?
If you made a million tell me how would you live?
Would you spend it all or have something to give?

What's your motivation for being a star?
Do you have a purpose; do you like who you are?
When your name's in big lights tell me will it all change?
Will you sell your soul for the price of fame?

When you've finally made it will it be worth it all?
Will you inspire millions or do nothing but fall?
Please tell me the ending like it's all up to you.
Tell me where will you hide when your dreams become truth?

– Copyright © AnOmali 101 –

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home