The Poetic Soul Of ÅnØmålî™...

Just A Few Excerpts From My Life... Here You Will Find My Poetry (Jumbled Thoughts Usually Written In The Heart Of Volatile Emotion I Had No Other Way To Express), A Collab Or Two, Some Of My Favorite Poems/Poets, Original And/Or Favorite Quotes...A Few Blogs/Brief Essays: Free-Style, Words That Move Me; Strike A Chord In Me, And That I Believe Could Or Should Strike Something In Others... Take Me In Slowly...I Swim The Depths Of The Soul...And I Am At Home There... ~A

My Photo
Name:
Location: Catch Me If You Can..., , United States


...Songstress.Writer.Freedom Fighter.Muse.Rebel.Actress.Prophet.Poet.Musician.Genre Bender.GOD Lover.Dichotomy.Trailblazer.World Changer. Blah, Blah, Blah...

"Art Is The Reason I Get Up In The Morning..."

By The Very Definition Of My Name, I Am Without Rules, Boundaries, Or The Confines Of This World...

"In This World, But Not Of This World"...

Simply Stated: I DON'T DO BOXES!

My Music; My Writing; Is My Soul Poured Onto Canvas. I Am Utterly Naked And Without Pretense Or Shame. To Understand It; To Truly Connect With My Words Is To Know Some Genuine Piece Of Me…Infinitely.

~ÅnØmålî~

Saturday, March 26, 2005

IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES...

(Dedicated to ALL Those Whose Mission Is To Bring Me Down…)


"The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies…"

In the presence of mine enemies…
In the presence of my enemies…
...

In the presence of my enemies I will fear no evil
See if these words prove true
Than my reward, revenge, karma, fate…
My very rite of passage
Is not in running or in hiding,
Shielding or protecting,
Offense or defense,
In fighting back
Or in my being just beyond their reach
But right in the midst
Of all those who would oppose
And seek to destroy me
Before my destiny can unfold

I dwell amongst them: broken – in humility and resolve
Yearning to strike back
With the venom of divine truth
That would break their spirits far beyond
How they’ve scarred me with their lies
Yet, knowing that if I do not run and hide, or fight
That if I ‘hold my peace’
My reward is most certainly at hand
So in their very presence I won’t cower or pretend
This is where I’ll STAND
Facing death because it’s near
But feeling strength build in my fear
I will not fight and I won’t jeer
I’ll simply stand

“Thou preparest a table before me”…
In the presence of my enemies
Though my instinct is to insulate, shield, duck, run
Fight, hate, kill, shun
To remove myself from impending, repetitive harm…
It is in the very presence of my enemies
That my healing and my victory has begun

Right before their very eyes
I feel the buds of my rewards
Soon to come into full bloom
From the ground they’ll watch me soar

See this battle isn’t fought
With what my naked eyes can see
A foul force seeks to destroy
My divinely ordained destiny

It even hides in faces
Of those I held most dear
Who were only sent to harm me
Keep unGodly spirits near

But my victory will not come
In regression or reprieve
But in the presence of my enemies
God’s vengeance on emotional thieves

There’s no need for me to fight
If my strength’s to be restored
There’s no need for me to run
Time will even up the score

I’ll stand my ground, no fear or shame
And at this table, I will bleed
Because victory is certain
In the very PRESENCE of my enemies…


– Copyright © 2005 AnOmali 101 –

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home