The Poetic Soul Of ÅnØmålî™...

Just A Few Excerpts From My Life... Here You Will Find My Poetry (Jumbled Thoughts Usually Written In The Heart Of Volatile Emotion I Had No Other Way To Express), A Collab Or Two, Some Of My Favorite Poems/Poets, Original And/Or Favorite Quotes...A Few Blogs/Brief Essays: Free-Style, Words That Move Me; Strike A Chord In Me, And That I Believe Could Or Should Strike Something In Others... Take Me In Slowly...I Swim The Depths Of The Soul...And I Am At Home There... ~A

My Photo
Name:
Location: Catch Me If You Can..., , United States


...Songstress.Writer.Freedom Fighter.Muse.Rebel.Actress.Prophet.Poet.Musician.Genre Bender.GOD Lover.Dichotomy.Trailblazer.World Changer. Blah, Blah, Blah...

"Art Is The Reason I Get Up In The Morning..."

By The Very Definition Of My Name, I Am Without Rules, Boundaries, Or The Confines Of This World...

"In This World, But Not Of This World"...

Simply Stated: I DON'T DO BOXES!

My Music; My Writing; Is My Soul Poured Onto Canvas. I Am Utterly Naked And Without Pretense Or Shame. To Understand It; To Truly Connect With My Words Is To Know Some Genuine Piece Of Me…Infinitely.

~ÅnØmålî~

Thursday, March 17, 2005

WITHOUT YOU


(Verse I)
So how are you doing?
My best friend asks
Should I answer with cliché?
I answer: I’m fine but,
She knows I’m lying
Truth is that I’m not ok
See it’s been a while now,
Since I’ve smiled now
Since I’ve had a real good day
So I pretend to be happy,
Truly happy
Ever since you went away
________________________________________

(Refrain)
AND I SMILE FOR THE WORLD
THOUGH INSIDE I KNOW I’M DYING
AND IT MAY LOOK LIKE I’M FINE
‘CAUSE YOU’LL NEVER SEE ME CRYING
AND I WILL KEEP SINGING MY SONGS
‘CAUSE THEY’RE ALL I HAVE TO HOLD ONTO
HOPE THEY DON’T LOOK CLOSER
‘CAUSE THEY’LL SEE I’M LOST –
WITHOUT YOU
________________________________________

(Verse II)
I walk on the stage and
Sing my heart out
Like I’ve got something to prove
Don’t want them to see
How much it hurts or
That I’m still not over you
I greet the applause,
But I’m not there
I’m off rehearsing all your lies
And they’ll never see that
My success helps
Me keep all the pain disguised
(Refrain)
________________________________________

(Bridge)
Yesterday I cried
'Cause the pain found itself catching up to me
Then today I smiled
'Cause I'm finally learning how to love me
Sometimes it hurts so bad
That I can’t call just to tell you ‘bout my day
How did it end up this way?
How could we just walk away?
________________________________________

(Refrain to End)
My smile is hiding
That I’m dying here
Without you


– Copyright © AnOmali 101 –

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home